Sharpen Your Skills
This is not a shooting class. It is about making sure you and your team can move safely, quietly, and effectively.
This class will encompass classroom, and field training on team tactical movement, accountability, navigation, observation posts and patrol bases, and night fighting
If you ever move, search, observe, plan, or fight with a team, this course is applicable to you.
You Must Bring
Very little equipment is needed, but you will need to bring some specific things:
- Compass - It has to be something good, reliable, and which works at night. If you have questions, contact us.
- If a USGI lensatic compass, bring the corresponding protractor or roamer
- Field notebook - Preferably a waterproof one
- Classroom notebook
- Pace Count Beads - Attached securely to your equipment so they can be used while walking in the woods
- Cold and wet weather clothing - Dress appropriately for the environment, including footwear. There will be some classroom time, but we will be in the woods, at night, in March, regardless of the weather.
- Food and water - We won't feed you, so bring food, snacks and drinks. Bring water you can carry while hiking in the woods.
- Dim red light - The night exercise is tactical, so no white lights. Bring something dim, and red or with a red filter.
- Weapon with muzzle cover and sling or carry strap - While there is no shooting, we will carry weapons to become used to juggling all this equipment in the field. Any full scale training replica, airsoft rifle, or actual rifle is permitted but:
- Absolutely no ammunition will be allowed on the range
- No magazines will be allowed on the range
- All weapons will be cleared during check in, and your equipment searched for ammunition
- No handguns are permitted
- All weapons will have a muzzle cap (airsoft) or BFA (live weapons) for their entire time in the field. If your weapon does not accept normal 22 mm muzzle devices or USGI BFAs, bring your own covering device and we may allow you to use it.
- Any field gear you may need such as LBE, assault pack, map cases, etc.
If you have any problems sourcing any of this equipment, or have questions, just ask us.
You Are Encouraged to Bring
- Night vision and a helmet or other mounting equipment
CWG Will Provide
- Printed Maps (one per team)
- Radios for the FTX
- Demonstration equipment and consumables such as night vision, strobes, IR lasers, flares, and lightsticks
- Small amounts of spare drinking water
- Emergency supplies in the event of accident
Night vision may available for rent with sufficient interest.
To keep costs down, and training time up, CWG will provide no food for this event. Bring snacks and an evening meal as you require, as well as breakfast if you stay overnight
We strongly suggest no one drive away in the middle of the night so you stay nearby, or on site with us until Sunday morning.
Several national chain hotels are available in Farmington, 18 minutes from the training site.
The classroom will be converted to an un-improved indoor sleeping area, with heat. There is a bare concrete floor, so bring a sleeping pad and/or cot to sleep on.
There is room outside for those who wish to set up a tent, or for anyone who wants to sleep in their car or a camper. There are few large flat areas, no RV hookups, and no dumping is allowed, but you may bring an RV to sleep in if you wish.
Make your plans, tell your friends, and register today.
Sign up now
Already signed up? Purchase related products such as unit insignia, attire, munitions, rental night vision, and more.