Day/Night Land Nav Training Cancelled
12 January 2017
CMTC, Osage Beach, Missouri
Sharpen Your Skills
Classroom and field training on compass, map, pacecount, and movement. This builds to a night exercise over some distance, so bring your comfortable boots. Includes a bonus sections on using GPS, and a brief night vision use/familiarity segment.
Training will begin at noon on Thursday, 12 January 2017. Just come to Operation Inca Dove 17 a day early.
Very little equipment is needed, but you will need to bring some specific things:
- Compass - It has to be something good, reliable, and which works at night. A. If you have questions, contact us.
- Notebook - Preferably a waterproof one
- Cold and wet weather clothing - Dress appropriately for the environment, including footwear. There will be some classroom time, but we will go out during the day and at night to try out these .
- Food and water - We won't feed you, so
- Dim, red light - The night exercise is tactical, so no white lights. Bright something dim, and red or with a red filter.
- And any field gear you may need such as a day pack to carry water, more clothes and snacks for your night exercise, a map case, or so on.
- GPS suitable for field use if you have one and wish to bring it. Not all exercises will use the GPS. You may also try using your phone. Install GPS Test for Android or any GPS tool with MGRS for iOS (I don't have a free favorite).
- Night vision if you have it or rent it.
We will provide you a classroom space, field exercise range, water-resistant maps of the training area, and handouts. We will also demonstrate some night vision and thermal sights, a variety of compass types, and a
Make your plans, tell your friends, and register today.
Already signed up? Purchase related products such as unit insignia, attire, munitions and more.